Wednesday, August 18, 2010

An explanatory note (to interrupt - and explain - the silence)

Hello friends and faithful readers,
For those curious minds out there who might be wondering what has befallen their beloved blog hero and heroine - fear not. We are still alive: happy, healthy, and riding our bikes. It's just that internet is scarce in these parts. You are far more likely to find black bears and mosquitoes here than you are a library with a computer and internet hook-up (much less one that's actually OPEN at REASONABLE HOURS). In any case, we don't even really have time to update the blog right now - though we did manage to find a computer - but I thought I would let you know that we are still alive at least. I think it will be another two weeks before we can actually fill you in on all that's happened. In the meantime, you can all go back to your Stieg Larsson novels (I hear he's all the rage this summer), as you wait for us to get back online.
To give you an idea of our progress, though...
Since we last updated this thing in Winnipeg, we've travelled 1142 kilometres, crossed one provincial, one international, and two state borders, eaten 7 slices of pie (I know, I know, not a very impressive showing), one bag of Oreos, and 55 bags of instant oatmeal, blown several American minds by telling them about our adventure, caught 2 fish in the Lake of the Woods, and been stopped by State police once (actually, we were already stopped, and he was just checking to see if we were alright).
We'll be back in Canada in approximately 4 days. Hope you're all doing well.
Bye for now,
Pat and Caroline

6 comments:

  1. I thought we were going to work on also bumping up the ice cream count...

    So glad to finally hear from you again - you've been on my mind and in my heart. Looks like I'll have to get back pedalling... 1142, holy Cats!!

    Loves and hugs my dear Friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey dooders,

    Glad to hear you're alive, very keen to get your updates and read about your adventures. The USA sounds like some kind of library-bereft wasteland (kind of how I imagined it)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May I please post a comment? It seems to finally be working. We've tried this for months, we've had so much to say and now I can't remember a thing. Oh well, we are enjoying the ride and continued safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're blowing lots of Canadian minds, too, I'm sure! I was talking about your journey at the airport because I was knitting the socks I hopefully will have finished for you by the time you're home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss you so much Mr. Brennan. I really like your blog.I miss you being our teacher. Carrie Schulz :):(;);)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have time for Stieg Larsson, I'm too busy with Eat Pray Love.

    ReplyDelete