Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Day 67: Notre-Dame-Du-Lac QC to Grand Falls NB (T.D.: 110.2km; S.T.: 5h36min)



        Wowee – so strange to arrive back in our home province today by bicycle after such a long journey. We had a little extra power in our legs, riding as we were in familiar territory – or maybe that was just another blessed tailwind. Either way, we were feeling good as we sailed through a perfect September day in old NB. We stopped in Edmunston for a picnic lunch, and followed a friendly local out of town. The fellow was so nice it made me feel bad for this poor-taste pose (But come on! What kind of slogan is that, St. Leonard?).

We made excellent time to my mom’s hometown of Grand Falls, where we were welcomed like royalty by a gathering of extended family, who fed us pizza and beer! Nothing feels more like home than pizza and beer. 




Av. Spd.: 19.6 km/h
Mx. Spd.: 49.3km/h
Homewrecker award: The guy on the Edmunston welcome sign. Caroline fell in love. She says I never bring her flowers. I told her that guy is just a sign. She said, yeah, a sign that if you don’t shape up, I’m gonna leave you for a French-Canadian. I told her, please don’t leave me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment