Thursday, July 22, 2010

Day 20: Rest Day 2 in Medicine Hat

Another long sleep, followed by blog-writing and route-planning for the next leg of the trip. We’re looking forward to Saskatchewan!

I suppose I should address some questions that have popped up. First off, we’re just so pleased that people are actually reading this blog and even more pleased that some of you seem to be enjoying it. It’s great for us to keep track of our travels, so we’re happy that other people can get something out of it as well.

Jen: Caroline usually rides in back, actually. That, as Alex has correctly perceived, is why I am dominating the ground squirrel game. As for the collisions, she ran into me the first time, and on one of her rare turns in the front, I ran into her the second. I’m not used to having anything in front of me! I’m not sure what her excuse was.

Regarding our water intake, I’m not too sure. I’ll keep better track during this next stretch. We have 5 water bottles between us (we had 6, but one exploded back in Golden), and Caroline probably drinks more than me. We often split a Powerade at some point during the day, and then drink water, juice, soda pop, or chocolate milk during meals. Oh, and Caroline is fond of buying one Yop a piece whenever we go to the grocery store. So probably something like 4 or 5 litres a day. I don’t know if that’s a lot or a little. I’m not very hydration-conscious.

Shirley: Our saddle time is indicated in the titles of each blog, beside the daily distance. That’s what S.T. means. Where were you on Day 1?

Kathleen: Congratulations on your bike achievements! Keep up the most excellent work!

Andrea: I was very pleased that my marmot sighting made the classroom rounds! Also, I talked to Loree today, and she seems excited to house us – we arrive in Maple Creek tomorrow! Also, thanks for googling that commemorative plaque! I was dying to know what went down there. Apparently, it was a plane. Ha! Eee. Too soon?

We love reading the comments - so please keep them coming. Talk to you in Regina or something...

Here is an excerpt from the weekly Thursday night bluegrass session that Kelly holds in his shop.

3 comments:

  1. My bad. I was just about to write you and say ST? What ST? But then I looked back to Day 18 when you were last on your bikes. I confess I have never read the titles. I just go sraight for the main post! You may be interested to know that ST also stands for Squirrel Tooth...one of my many aliases.

    Also, what about my personal hygiene related queries? I would like to see these addressed next time. Please and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thoroughly enjoying your blog entries. I never knew that besides being a talented musician you are also a talented & amusing writer.

    Loree & I are both excited that you are arriving at her place on Friday. I can't wait to hear the stories & to know what a cattle rancher serves a vegetarian. I hope you have time to see the llamas, alpacas, sheep, etc.

    Have fun, Teresa (Andrea's mom. Hmmm I guess you figured that out already)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy to hear the bluegrass session!! Sounds great.

    Next I'm sure your alpaca sightings will make Ben's dreams come true. Not sure if you'll update before summer school is over, so I'll just tell him that you are with the alpacas tomorrow and he will be pleased.

    (hahahaha and never too soon for a morbid play on words!)

    ReplyDelete