Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Day 5: Rest Day in Westbank

I’m sure these posts are arriving just as you were about to pick up the phone and get a search party out to comb the Coquihalla for us. Wonder of wonders, you can put the phone down and rest easy. We arrived safely and soundly in Kelowna (well, Westbank) last night around 8pm to be warmly welcomed by Aunt Marion and Uncle Roy. Marion had even cooked up a delicious vegetarian lasagna for us (recipe courtesy of my darling sister Kathleen), not to mention Caroline’s favorite peanut-butter-marshmallow square dessert. After two rather strenuous days, a home-cooked meal and a warm bed were heartily appreciated.

But I suppose I should start from the start – this being the first proper post from the road. Since this post would have been ridiculously long otherwise, I’ve split things up to make things more manageable for you, the reader (how thoughtful am I?). Don’t feel you have to read them all today. Or read them at all, for that matter. Day 1 is at the bottom.

6 comments:

  1. May I just say that this is a really terrific blog! I read it all in one go this morning, excited to hear how you both are doing and to live vicariously through you. Love the detail and the photos, all amazing stuff. Glad the bear turned out to be a cow. All the best from sunny Glasgow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful blog. A very enjoyable read. I can't wait to read some more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those peanut butter marshmallow squares look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey guys! I agree with the above posts - very entertaining blog! Now the question is, can you possibly keep it up the whole trip? I am really interested seeing or getting your route from here to Kelowna from you.

    Travel safe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. (my thoughts of your posts condensed) - love your posts!!! bearcows - awesome! Hail the conquering heros :D I can't wait to read more of your adventures and I'm glad to hear that you guys had a rest day! Good to know you are both doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what have you guys been eating along the way? well, besides bugs

    ReplyDelete