Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Special announcement

Before we post the rest of the latest blog updates, we feel compelled to mention that our good friend Alex is turning 30 today!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALEX!!! You may remember Alex from Day 1, as he accompanied us to Abbotsford. Alas, he was too old and feeble to continue this epic journey with us, but we wish him a happy birthday regardless.

Alex, being on our bikes in the Prairies and not in Vancouver with you to celebrate, we would like to give you the best gift from the road we could think of: our spandexed bodies spelling out the letters of your name set within the vivid colours of the Prairie landscape. Enjoy.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you. That was wonderful.

    Of course I wish you could have been here to celebrate, but this was an incredibly special and very touching birthday greeting. I will likely never get one quite like this again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday ALEX!!

    Oh how I wish I had a birthday during their pedaling adventure so I could have a similar greeting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! I'd like to see them do an 'S'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would also like to see my name written in Caroline and Pat!! A "Y" could be quite impressive!

    ReplyDelete